Trapper Education Course
Monday, March 10, 2014
- Individuals must be at least 9 years of age to take the course.
- This instructor-led course teaches basic trapping techniques with a strong focus on the responsible treatment of animals, legal methods, safety, selectivity and ethical trapper behavior. Additional course topoics include history of trapping, furbearer management, trapping laws and ethics, responsible trapping, equipment, trapping techniques, safety, traplines, and furbearer identification.
- The course includes 8 hours of classroom instruction plus 4-8 hours of field experience and a practical examination.
- Students will be evaluated on their class participation, attendance, exam score, field exercise participation.
- Students successfully completing this course will receive a Trapper Education Certification card.
- Students can register / sign-up for the course online or at a Fish and Game office.
- Cost: $8.00 per student (online registration includes an additional convenience fee of $1.24).
Last Updated: March 7, 2014
Top of page