Trapper Education Course
Monday, May 20, 2013
- Individuals must be at least 9 years of age to take the course.
- This instructor-led course teaches basic trapping techniques with a strong focus on the responsible treatment of animals, legal methods, safety, selectivity and ethical trapper behavior.
- Course topics cover the history of trapping, furbearer management, trapping laws and ethics, responsible trapping, equipment, trapping techniques, safety, traplines, and furbearer identification.
- The course includes 8 hours of classroom instruction plus 4-8 hours of field experience and a practical examination.
- Students will be evaluated on their class participation, exam score, field exercise participation and safety during the live-fire exercise.
- Students successfully completing this course will receive a Trapper Education Certification card.
- Students can register / sign-up for the course online or at a Fish and Game office.
- Cost: $8.00 per student (online registration includes an additional convenience fee of $1.24).
Last Updated: September 13, 2012
Top of page