In Idaho, a number of commercial "shooting preserves" exist that allow a hunter to hunt domestic upland game birds for a fee. The fees charged vary but usually include a membership or use-fee plus a charge for all birds released to hunt.
These preserves are private and should not be confused with state Wildlife Management Areas or Federal Refuges.
The general season for a shooting preserve is August 15 to April 15. Contact the preserve of your choice for more information.
Licensed Shooting Preserves by Region
Magic Valley Region
- Flying B Ranch / Joseph Peterson, Kamiah, ID - (208) 935-0755
- Upland Game Birds: Pheasant, Chukar, Gray Partridge, Quail
- Little Canyon / Marvin "Sonny" Hairston, Peck, ID - (208) 486-6235
- Upland Game Birds: Pheasant, Chukar
- Miller Kennels and Game Birds / Roger Miller/Oneida County - (801) 540-4661
- Upland Game Birds: Pheasant, Chukar, Quail, Huns
- Little Birch Creek / Gordon McLean - (208) 604-0720
- Upland Game Birds: Pheasant, Gray Partridge, Chukar, Quail