Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Back to News Release List
IDAHO FISH AND GAME
Headquarters NEWS RELEASE
f&g seeks comments on big game seasons
Idaho Fish and Game plans several public meetings around the state to discuss 2013 big game seasons and rules.
Anticipated season proposals that may be considered include:
- Increased black bear season length and mountain lion bag limit and season length in the Panhandle.
- Youth/disabled vet extra tag hunt on private lands in the Clearwater Region.
- Predation management plans in areas where elk remain below objectives, in the Southwest Region.
- Four new hunts to reduce elk depredation in the Magic Valley Region.
- Reallocating A tags from nonresident to resident in Diamond Creek elk zone in the Southeast Region.
- Reallocating capped Salmon elk zone from nonresident to resident in the Salmon Region.
Comments taken at the meetings will be summarized and presented to the Idaho Fish and Game Commission at the March 19 meeting when big game seasons are set.
Some public meetings have been set; others will be announced when they are set.
Panhandle Region: Open house meeting from 4 to 8 p.m.
- March 7 at the Coeur d'Alene Inn, Best Western Plus on Appleway at US Highway 95, Coeur d'Alene.
Three open house meetings.
- February 22: From 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Fish and Game office, 3101 S. Powerline Rd., Nampa.
- March 6: From 4 to 7 p.m., Weiser High School Library 690 W. Indianhead Road, Weiser.
- March 7: From 4 to 7 p.m., Fish and Game office, 555 Deinhard Lane, McCall.
Open house meetings starting at 6:30 p.m.
Upper Snake Region:
- February 21: City Hall Council Chambers, 157 North Broadway, Blackfoot.
- February 25: Fish and Game office, Hunter Ed Room, 1345 Barton Rd., Pocatello.
- February 26: Senior Citizens Center, 26 North Main St., Malad City.
- February 27: Soda Springs Senior Center, 60 South Main St., Soda Springs.
- February 28: Bear Lake Senior Center, 115 South 4th St., Montpelier.
- March 4: Larsen-Sant Library, 109 South 1st East, Preston.
Public meetings start at 7 p.m.
- February 26: Mackay Jr/Sr High School, Commons Area, Mackay.
- February 27: Fish and Game regional office, Centennial Room, Idaho Falls.
- February 28: Madison Middle School, Media Center, Rexburg.
Open houses from 4 to 7 p.m.
- March 5: Fish and Game office, 99 Hwy 93 N, Salmon.
- March 6: U.S. Forest Service, Challis Ranger's office, Hwy 93, Challis.