Saturday, May 30, 2015
Back to News Release List
IDAHO FISH AND GAME
Headquarters NEWS RELEASE
angler comments sought on 2014 idaho chinook season
Salmon anglers are encouraged to provide their comments concerning proposals to the upcoming salmon season by attending any of five Idaho Department of Fish and Game public meetings.
Regional fishery personnel will provide an overview of prior seasons, especially the 2013 season, review factors related to 2014 projected Chinook returns, explain fishery constraints that Fish and Game operates within and discuss strategies on how to best manage the sport fishery.
Also presented will be new information biologists are learning about the salmon fisheries in the Clearwater River Basin and what is being done to improve salmon returns. An update on access along the Little Salmon River will also be discussed.
All opinions and suggestions regarding these issues are welcome. Each meeting will begin at 6 p.m. at the following locations:
- Riggins: Tuesday, February 25, Salmon Rapids Lodge, 1010 S Main Street.
- Boise: Wednesday, February 26, Fish and Game's MK Nature Center auditorium, 600 S. Walnut Street.
- McCall: Thursday, February 27, McCall Fish and Game office, 555 Deinhard Lane.
Those unable to attend a meeting can provide their comments by contacting regional fishery personnel at 208-634-8137 or by sending their information in writing to 2014 Salmon Seasons, 555 Deinhard Lane, McCall, ID 83638 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lewiston: Wednesday, February 26, Idaho Fish and Game Office, 3316 16th Street.
- Orofino: Thursday, February 27, IDFG Clearwater Hatchery, 118 Hatchery Roe Drive, located northwest of Ahsahka Bridge.
Those unable to attend a meeting can provide their comments by contacting regional fishery personnel at 799-5010 or by sending their information in writing to 2014 Salmon Seasons, 3316 16th Street, Lewiston, ID, 83501, or e-mail email@example.com
Individuals with disabilities may request meeting accommodations by contacting Fish and Game's Nampa office, 208-465-8465; McCall office, 208-634-8137; Lewiston office, 208-799-5010, or through the Idaho Relay Service at 1-800-377-3529 (TDD).