Wednesday, June 19, 2013
- 11th Western Black Bear Workshop
- Held May 21-24, 2012, Coeur d' Alene Resort, Coeur d' Alene, ID
The 12th Western Black Bear Workshop will be hosted in 2015 by the Alberta Province, Canada.
Check the website occasionally for updates on workshop proceedings.
- Genetics Primer — Bingham [PDF, 1.5 MB]
- Mark-Recapture Project Design — Boulanger [PDF, 2.2 MB]
- Integrated Population Models — Conn [PDF, 2.6 MB]
- Spatially Explicit Capture Recapture — Efford [PDF, 2.6 MB]
- RISKMAN Modeling — Howe [PDF, 2.1 MB]
- Evaluating Sustainable Harvest and Nonharvest Mortalities of Female Black Bears in NW MT — Chilton-Radandt [PDF, 2 MB]
- Effects of Forest Fuel Reduction on Black Bears — Crabb [PDF, 2.1 MB]
- Spatial and Habitat Selection Response of Black Bears to the Wallow Fire Wildfire — Crabb [PDF, 7.8 MB]
- Study Design and Sampling Intensity for Demographic Analyses of Bear Populations — Harris [PDF, 1.5 MB]
- Grizzly Bear Population Augmentation in the Cabinet Mountains of NW MT — Kasworm [PDF, 2.8 MB]
- Post-denning Activities of the American Black Bear in Utah — Miller [PDF, 2.3 MB]
- Grizzly Bear Status — Servheen [PDF, 3.9 MB]
- Human Bear Encounters — Servheen [PDF, 2.2 MB]
- Black Bear Density in Glacier National Park — Stetz [PDF, 2.5 MB]
- Black Bear Home Range Size in North America — Tri [PDF, 2.2 MB]
- Conserving Andean Bears in Ecuador — Viteri [PDF, 2.2 MB]
For more information, contact: David Smith by e-mail, or by phone at (208) 287-2740.
Last Updated: September 11, 2012
Top of page